hanlyblog

Thursday, February 7, 2008

The Lions Den

1 O LORD my God, I take refuge in you;
save and deliver me from all who pursue me,
2 or they will tear me like a lion
and rip me to pieces with no one to rescue me.

--Psalm 7:1-2

It is an important step of growth to be broken down. Muscles grow when they are first worked beyond their capacity. It is frightening yet necessary to come to that point in life when you realize that defeat is a real possibility. Perhaps you dreamed of nothing but the best for yourself. But now you see that it might not happen. You just might lose. Circumstances or sin might overtake you. You aren't as strong or as good as you might have thought. You just might be torn by the lions. You can't depend on yourself, you don't have the strength. You can't depend on others--who possibly could carry you through this? Your only hope is that God himself will reach down into the lions den and pull you out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home