hanlyblog

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Love Your Enemies Do Your Laundry

The other day I hadn't done laundry in a while and found myself in a pinch. So I went to the store and bought a package of underwear. I wonder if that is reflective of a general American attitude? Rather than take the time to work with what you already have (washing clothes for instance) it's much easier to just get a new one. In relationships, rather than working through things, it's easier to get a new one. Rather than making your job work, it's easier to get a new one. But when Jesus says that we are called to love our enemies I think he means that when conflict arises with our friends we should work it out rather than cutting ties and looking for new ones. Which I guess also means that I should have just done my laundry.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home